COVID-19 update: The Dawe & Timberlands Branches are open for Express Service, which includes access to computers and printing (limited, timed visits only). The Downtown branch remains closed to in-person visits at this time.
Red Deer Public Library has computer workstations at all branches. All of our public computers offer:
- Internet access.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Publisher.
How to access the computers:
- Members use their library card number and a PIN to log in to the computers.
- A special free library card called an e-card is available for anyone who only wants access to the computer stations (e-card holders are unable to check out items from the library). Out of town visitors can also register for an e-card in order to use the public Internet stations.
- Customers are allowed 2 hours of access per day (with the exception of the Downtown Branch Children's Department, which only permits half an hour per day).
Printing, Photocopying, and Scanning
Printing and photocopying are available at all branches, with the following fees in place:
- Black and white: $0.25 per page.
- Colour: $0.50 per page.
- Note: double-sided printing and photocopying will charge for both sides of the page.
- Scanning is available at the Downtown Branch only (free, but requires a library card to log in)
- We do not currently offer faxing or wireless printing services.
Have your own laptop, tablet, or smartphone? We have free wifi at all branches! Just search for the "RDPL" network to connect -- no password required.
During the COVID-19 library closure, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org any time and we will help you out with your tech questions!