Friday, January 26 and
Saturday, January 27
Drop and Give Me 15!
This year, the Read for 15 Challenge will span TWO DAYS! This means you have extra time to read and report to us to help Red Deer become Canada’s most “readerly” community!
Help us win the coveted Read for 15 trophy in two simple steps:
Read ANYTHING for 15 minutes! A book, an eBook, an audiobook, the newspaper, a magazine, a Buzzfeed article, a cereal box… really, anything!
Let us know! Report your participation by doing one of the following:
- Use #readfor15rdpl on Twitter or Instagram.
- Brag to us and everyone on Red Deer Public Library's Facebook page.
- Fill out our web form (available on January 26 and 27).
- Tell us in person at any of our 3 branches.
- Send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or give us a call at 403-346-4576.
Last year, 15,516 Red Deerians reported reading for at least 15 minutes on Family Literacy Day -- the highest total number of any participating community! WOW! This year, let’s do even better! 20,000? 30,000? The sky's the limit!