Red Deer Public Library is pleased to be able to provide monthly book clubs for the public. These bookclubs include:
- An Hour To Kill Mystery Book Club. Mystery lovers unite! Join this new book club dedicated entirely to the mystery genre. Each month we'll choose a mystery title for you to delve into and chat about with the rest of the group. An Hour To Kill meets the first Wednesday of each month at the Timberlands Branch.
- Any Book Book Club. This book club is perfect for anyone who loves reading and loves sharing what they've read with others! Any Book Book Club meets the second Thursday of each month at the Timberlands Branch.
- Cover 2 Cover. Cover 2 Cover is a unique book club for adults that meets on the fourth Monday of each month at the Dawe Branch. Instead of picking one novel for everyone to read, participants choose a theme, genre, or author for each month. Each member can choose any book (or books) within this theme to read and share with the rest of the group.
- Family Book Club. This book club is for the whole family! Kids can pick any book but parents must read the same book. Family Book Club meets the first Wednesday of each month at the Timberlands Branch.
- Fireside Readers. Fireside Readers meet on the third Wednesday of every month from September to June at the Downtown Branch. Our June meeting is devoted to choosing books for the upcoming year. So many books, so little time! We read a wide range of books both fiction and non-fiction from classics to current best sellers. For the last six years we have phone or Skype conferenced with one author a year.
- Graphic Content Advisory Book Club. Calling all comic book and graphic novel fans! This book club, for adults and teens ages 14+, is held every two months on the second Tuesday of the month at Chronicles Comics & Cafe downtown Red Deer!
- Happy Ever After Book Club. Do you love romance? Want to chat about your favourite genre, and find new recommendations? Then this new book club is for you! Join us for discussions on all things happily ever after. Light refreshments will be served. Happy Ever After Book Club meets the last Monday of each month at the Timberlands Branch.
- Read the Classics: A Milleninial Book Club. Read a new classic each month with your fellow millennials! Read the Classics Book Club meets the third Thursday of each month at the Downtown Branch.