We are renovating Level 2 of the Downtown Branch!
Renovations begin December, 2016 and will last until Spring, 2017. When completed, Level 2 will have a new ceiling and new lighting, similar to Level 4. Once work begins, Level 2 will be closed off to all but construction staff. Some parts of the Adult collections will be moved to Level 4 as a browsing collection. Paperbacks and Art will be stored and unable to be borrowed. Members of the public may not book the Kiwanis Waskasoo Board room until the project is completed.
You can help! Borrow your full limit (up to 50 items) of Adult materials from Level 2 and plan to renew them. This includes novels, paperbacks, Large Print books, Audiobooks, DVDs, CDs and Art. You may renew them up to 2 times for an extended loan (as long as no one else has requested them)!
Changes will begin the week of November 21:
- Staff will begin packing up DVDs, CDs, Audiobooks, and some fiction to move to Level 4.
- The Level 2 Service Desk will close. Assistance is available from the Level 4 Service Desk.
Week of November 28:
- Movers will relocate items to Level 4 for re-shelving.
- Fiction books on Level 4 during renovations will be a browsing collection only and not findable in the Library’s catalogue.
- Unpacking will begin on Level 4
- Level 2 Library staff areas will be vacated, including the staff room and offices.
Week of December 5:
- Unpacking and re-shelving continues on Level 4
- Reorganization will continue
- Construction staff will begin to cover up Level 2 collections which are to remain and not be able to be borrowed.
- There will be no access to Level 2 via the elevator
Fiction books and other materials stored on Level 4 during renovations will be a browsing collection only. These items will not appear in the library catalogue, nor will you be able to place holds (unless duplicates are held at other branches). If you’re looking for an item, please see library staff for assistance.
This project is being funded by the City of Red Deer and supports the Library Board’s Plan of Service. We apologize for any inconvenience, and appreciate your patience as we work to make the Downtown Branch and a more comfortable and welcoming space.