COVID-19: Red Deer Public Library’s Relaunch Information
Update - March 1, 2021: The Alberta Government announced that libraries have been moved to Step 2 (instead of Step 3) in their "Path Forward." which permits us to reopen at 15% capacity. However, this change was made without advance warning, so we are not able to open the library until the necessary preparations have been made to ensure staff and customer safety. In the meantime, curbside services will continue until further notice. Thank you for your patience and support. We will have more information soon.
All branches of RDPL are closed to the public until further notice. We are currently providing CONTACTLESS CURBSIDE PICKUP ONLY. No entry to library facilities will be permitted. See below for details.
Current Service Levels
Contactless Curbside Pickup ONLY. No entry to library facilities.
All branches of Red Deer Public Library are currently CLOSED to the public until further notice, but we are offering contactless curbside pickup during the hours below.
How it works:
Place your holds online (rdpl.bibliocommons.com) or by phone (403-346-4576).
Wait for pick up notices via email or phone.
Pick up holds at your selected branch.
When you arrive to pick up your holds, call 403-346-4576 and the extension for the branch you are visiting (Downtown: ext. 3000; Dawe: ext. 2500; Timberlands: 5500).
Note: These phone numbers are also available on the door to the library. If you do not have a phone, you can ring the doorbell and staff will come to the door to take your information. If possible, please have your library card number available as it makes for a smoother checkout process.
Downtown & Timberlands Branches
Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Friday: 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Sundays & Holidays: CLOSED
Monday-Thursday: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 12 p.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturdays, Sundays, & Holidays: CLOSED
- Please wear a mask when approaching the pickup location.
- Please follow social distancing guidelines.
- Wait at a safe distance until previous customer has been served.
- Stand back from the receiving table/cart while library staff place your holds out, approaching the table/cart only after library staff have backed away.
- If possible, we encourage you to call ahead so that library staff can process your holds prior to your visit to the library (this is not required, but will make for a quicker visit, and less time spent waiting in the cold!).
- Stay home if you are feeling ill!
- Online library card registration, virtual programs and services, and 24/7 access to digital resources will continue!
- If you need assistance, library staff are available by phone (403-346-4576) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).