The Friends of the Red Deer Public Library always welcome good quality donations for our book sales. Current hardcover books, paperbacks and current magazines sell best. The Friends of the Library are unable to accept donations of the following:
- Encyclopaedia sets
- Items in poor condition
- Reader's Digest books and Reader's Digest magazines
- Old magazines
- Text books
Donations can be dropped off at any Library branch during open hours. For large donations, please bring directly to the Downtown branch.
What are the benefits of becoming a member of the Friends of the Library?
Friends members are eligible for discounts on library events. As well, members of the Friends are invited to a special book sale preview during the annual Fall and Spring booksales.
How much time commitment do I have to give to become a Friends of the Library member?
You can give as little or as much time as you want to the Friends organization. You can sit on the Friends board, or volunteer for one of our activities, or you can choose to be a "silent" member. The choice is yours.
What are the objectives of the Friends of the Red Deer Public Library?
- The Friends support the activities of the library by helping to fund certain library projects. (These projects are not covered by the library's grants.)
- The Friends promote the library in the community.
- The Friends provide a forum where members can meet and, if they wish, volunteer for Friends activities.
The Friends have provided funds for a number of valuable projects, including the following:
- Security cameras for the mezz.
- DVD/CD viewing and listening stations for the mezz.
- New DVDs for both the Adult and Children's areas.
- Money for the Summer Reading Program.
- A polisher to fix scratched DVDs and CDs.
- Lounge & display furniture throughout the Library.
- Matching funding for the Charley Glebe memorial Classical Connection on Level 2.
- A surround-sound system and wireless microphones for the Snell Auditorium.
- Individual: $15 / year.
- Family: $20 / year.
Tax receipts are availabe for all contributions in excess of membership fees.
- Lesley Caddy (President and Book Sale Director) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Anita Thomas (Secretary)
For more information about the Friends or about how you can become a volunteer for The Friends of the Red Deer Public Library, please call 403-340-2665.