The Society of
The Friends of the Red Deer Public Library
Because Your Library Matters
Who are the Friends?
The Friends are a non-profit society
of enthusiastic volunteers and library lovers.
What do the Friends do?
The Friends raise funds for these AWESOME library initiatives:
- The NEW Book Bike!
- and many more library projects*
Funds for the library are raised through:
- Selling donated books at Downtown Branch Friends Bookshop and book sale racks at Dawe and Timberlands Branches
- Biannual Public Book Sales
- Sales of book-themed clothing and merch
- Hosting special events and fundraisers
Be a Friend!
Why should you be a Friend of the Red Deer Public Library?
As a friend member, you are entitled to:
- Attend the Members Only Advance Book Sale Evening -members get to shop at this event before the public to get the best books and items available
- Vote at the Annual General Meeting
- Provide input on society intitiatives
- Serve on the Friends Board of Directors
- Receive the Friends newsletter
- Serve your community by improving the library's success
How to be a Friend:
Buy an annual membership to the Society
($15 single/$20 family):
- at the Downtown Branch Member Services Desk
- at any biannual book sale
- or at the Society's Annual General Meeting held in March
The Friends gratefully accept public donations of gently used books, DVDs, CDs, video games and magazines for resale with all proceeds going towards library intitiaves.
Unfortunately, textbooks, encyclopaedias, Readers Digest Books or old magazines are not sellable.
Want more details about the Friends?
President of the Friends of the Red Deer Public Library
*The Friends have also donated funds to the library for:
- DVD/CD listening stations
- new DVDs
- a polisher for scratched/damaged DVDs and CDs
- lounge furniture
- book display stands
- a surround sound system and wireless microphone
- a piano dolly
- a fireplace and patio furniture for the Dawe Branch
- a children's LEGO table
- and much more!