Red Deer Public Library only accepts resumes for posted positions.
Open positions will be posted below.
Member Services Assistant (LAI)
Red Deer Public Library (RDPL) requires a personable, knowledgeable and energetic Member Services Assistant (LAI) to join their team! If you have a passion for helping people in a supportive and fun team environment, then RDPL might have the job for you!
This part-time specific position (10hrs per week) includes daytime, evening and weekend shifts at all branches of RDPL. This position requires excellent organizational, communication, problem solving and customer service skills. The ability to substitute at all branches for vacation and sick leave is a requirement. Physical requirements of this position will include standing/sitting for long periods, pushing or pulling trolleys up to 35kg, as well as repetitive duties.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE -
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years' work experience, preferably in library public service or in a similar customer-oriented service environment.
- Proven ability to serve the public and relate to coworkers in a courteous, friendly and helpful manner.
- Experience with Sirsi/Dynix and Bibliocommons is an asset
- Excellent computer skills in a Windows oriented environment and proven ability to learn and adapt easily to new software.
- Proven ability to solve problems independently
Consider joining The Friends of the Library Board this year!
The Friends' Board meets seven or eight times per year at the Downtown Library to plan activities that support Red Deer Public Library. View www.rdpl.org/about/friends for more information about the Friends of the Library.
Library pages shelve returned library materials and keep all items in order on the shelves. They also tidy the library by ensuring that all materials left by library users on tables, desks and chairs, etc. are gathered and returned to the proper areas.
- This is an ongoing job posting. Jobs are not always available; however, we accept resumes on an ongoing basis and keep resumes for six months.Thank you for your interest, but only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
- 16 years of age or older
- Ability to understand written and oral instruction in English.
- Ability to organize materials in numerical and alphabetical order.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Must love organizing.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to work independently, but also as a part of a team.
- Physical requirements include ability to push/pull heavy carts, squat and reach above your head.
- Page jobs are year-round part-time positions between 2 and 3 shifts per week.
- 3 hour shifts in Youth Services and 4 hour shifts in Adult Services.
- Monday to Thursday shifts are evenings and Friday, Saturday and Sunday shifts are afternoons.
- Set schedules that are changed in February, July and September.
- The ability to substitute for vacation and sick hours is a requirement.
- $13.60 per hour